The 11 week old baby’s lenght is 4cm. But his/her development is accelerating; after one week the length will be double.
- Your 11 week old baby can now suck, stretch, swallow.
- He/she can breathe in the fluid he/she swims and can urinate.
- Since his/her fingers are separated, he/she will be able to open and close her hands and hold his/her feet and the umbilical cord soon.
- He/she learns to kick and he/she loves it.
You can learn about pregnancy stages and get week by week pregnancy information in our website.
Changes at 11 weeks pregnant
- During the 11th week of pregnancy, your nausea is gradually decreasing. You will begin to feel more energetic.
- As your nausea restricts your nutritional diversity, your weight may not have changed. But there’s nothing to worry about. In general, women take only 1-2.5 pounds in the first 3 months. Your appetite will soon come back and you will start taking half a pound a week.
- You may feel more hungry in these days. Your morning sickness will pass and your appetite will increase. Now you are eating for both yourself and your baby. At the 11th week of pregnancy, your belly will start to appear. The swelling you feel may increase after the meals. Because your belly will continue to grow and applying more pressure on your organs will make you feel more swollen. Gas producing foods such as beans, fried foods, fizzy drinks and candies will cause discomfort.
Calcium Supplementation at 11 Weeks Pregnant
Since your baby is in a rapid development process, it is important to take calcium and vitamin supplements.
Calcium plays a role in the development of your baby’s nerves system and muscles. It regulates the heart rate and allows the blood to clot.
Nutrients to meet your calcium needs
- Dairy products, pasteurized milk, cheese, yogurt
- Some snacks and seeds; especially almond and sesame
- Beans and pulses
Foods that should not be eaten during pregnancy stages
- In this stages of pregnancy, it will be useful to consume seafood. Fish is a good source of protein and Omega 3. It is useful for your baby’s eye and brain development. It is not recommended to consume not pasteurized soft cheeses, raw or undercooked meats and foods containing raw eggs.
- Alcohol can easily reach your baby through your blood circulation. Even an alcoholic drink per day can increase the risk of your baby having problems. Therefore, it is not recommended to consume alcohol during pregnancy stages.
- You may have heard that caffeine consumption during pregnancy is a taboo, but there is no harm in consuming it measurably. After years of discussion among doctors, it was decided that the caffeine would be harmless for the baby when consumed less than 300 mg per day despite passing the placenta. This amount corresponds to 2 or 3 cups of coffee.