Mothers may experience dizziness during pregnancy. Sometimes fainting may be seen after the pregnancy dizziness. There are several reasons for dizziness in pregnancy.
What are the causes of dizziness during pregnancy?
Hormonal changes during pregnancy, decrease in the amount of blood sugar, insufficient blood circulation in the brain can lead to dizziness.
In addition, extreme heat of the environment, sudden movements, getting up too fast are among the events that cause dizziness. Of course, it is also possible to take some measures to minimize or even eliminate this head dizziness.
How can you prevent dizziness when you are pregnant?
- One of the measures that can be taken against dizziness during pregnancy is to avoid sudden movements as much as possible. It is good to be slow while moving. Also, when you get out of bed you should need to get up calmly. A quick movement can lead to dizziness. As a result, you should be careful and slow while standing up and avoid rapid and sudden movements.
- Mothers who have dizziness problems should not fatigue themselves during the day. At the same time they should not move too much and not stand too far. Be careful when weather is too hot. Extremely hot weather will affect your body and cause dizziness. Therefore, when the weather is hot, be careful to be in a cool environment. Also, you should drink plenty of water and keep your body cool.
- Because dizziness during pregnancy is also occur in the case of low blood sugar, it is useful to be careful in nutrition. For this, you should be avoid fatty food. It is also important to not skip meals and to consume nutrients in proper time. During the day, you should take care to eat frequently and in small amounts.
- The problem of anemia also causes dizziness during pregnancy. In addition, situations such as constantly sleeping on back, consuming very little water during the day and excessive exercise can lead to dizziness. With the progress of the mother’s pregnancy process, the uterus grows. Growing uterus pressures blood vessels of the mother. This pressure leads to dizziness. For this, sleeping or lying down to the left side will reduce this pressure and relax the mother. You should not sleep on your back unless you have to. If you want to browse our article about the sleeping positions during pregnancy; Best Sleeping Positions During Pregnancy.
- Dizziness may also be caused by insufficient blood circulation in the brain. To solve this problem, it may be sufficient to keep your feet slightly up when lying down. It is also very useful to take a deep breathe in the fresh air to eliminate dizziness.
If the dizziness of the mother is very frequent and severe, the best thing to do will be to consult a doctor. In addition to this dizziness, if you experience frequent fainting, you should definitely see a doctor. Because dizziness and fainting during pregnancy may be a symptom of another disease in the mother.