All drugs affect our body in some way. For this reason, you need to be more careful about drug use during pregnancy.
Never use any medication that is recommended to you, including herbal medicines, without consulting your doctor who followed your pregnancy stages. Before taking the medicines you are taking regularly, consult with your doctor and replace them with drugs that will not harm your pregnancy.
Which Medicines Can I Get During Pregnancy?
Many women do not know what drugs to use safely during pregnancy stages. Some of the drugs that can be used safely in some common health problems are described below. Never use drugs without your doctor’s knowledge.
- Drugs containing paracetamol for headaches, muscle aches and mild fever.
- Nasal drops or ocean water sprays in cases of colds, runny nose, flu.
- If necessary, benadryl lotion or tablet may be taken within the first 3 months.
- For sore and swallowing pain, gargle with mild saline or lozenges can be used.
- You can get benadryl tablets for allergic ailments.
- For cough, syrups containing dextromethorphan or guaifenesin can be taken. But the best treatment for cough is to take plenty of fluids.
- You can get antacid medications for heartburn and gas complaints.
- Epinephrine-free local anesthesia drugs may be used for dental treatment. Paracetamol can be used for pain.
- The use of antibiotics during pregnancy is a very special condition and should not be used unless it is needed. Some antibiotics should not be used at all. Penicillin group and cephalosporin group drugs should be preferred if antibiotic use is required.
What will you do when you have a flu or a cold?
Influenza is a disease made by viruses and rapidly spreading to the environment. There is no definitive treatment of this disease. Antibiotics do not treat this disease. According to your complaint, you can take the medications listed above.
When you have a cold or flu when you are pregnant, do the following:
- Rest as much as you can
- Take plenty of liquid.
- Vitamin C can get.
- You can use paracetamol for fatigue.
- Nasal spray may be used in case of nasal obstruction.
When Should You Call Your Doctor?
Please contact your doctor if you have the following symptoms:
- If there is high fever (more than 37.5 ° C) with skin color changes,
- If you cannot take fluids for more than 24 hours or if there is a feeding problem,
- If swallowing difficulty persists and throat pain does not pass,
- Headaches that do not improve with pain medication,
- If you have difficulty breathing, chest pain, you should inform your doctor.