We all know from the common diet programs that the nutrition with fiber foods is healthy. But the benefits of fiber foods are much more than those known. Fiber foods are one of the important food groups to be included in nutrition lists for pregnancy stages.
You can learn about pregnancy stages and get week by week pregnancy information in our website.
Fiber consumption in pregnancy produces a solution for the most common digestive problems. There are two types of fibers: soluble fibers and insoluble fibers. Soluble fibers are dissolved in the intestines, the other type passes through the digestive system and excrete itself. In particular, insoluble fibers (wheat, cauliflower, hazelnuts and potatoes, etc.) have a great influence on digestive health. The insoluble fibers are not digested by the body. They move through the digestive tract and are expelled from the body.
Among the benefits of fiber foods during pregnancy stages, there are other benefits besides regulating digestion. As we have already mentioned, fibrous foods offer a healthy diet option during this period of weight gain. In addition, fibrous foods take up more space and give a feeling of satiety. These foods with few calories are a good nutrition option for pregnant women. It is also advisable to drink plenty of fluids and to perform light exercises such as yoga and walking. It is also known that fibrous foods are good for cardiovascular diseases.
Foods that need to be consumed during pregnancy stages
Fruits: pears, prunes, oranges, grapefruit peaches, apples and bananas.
Vegetables: Brussels cabbage, carrots, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, green beans, cucumbers, onions, cabbage, celery, tomatoes, eggplant, pepper and corn.
Cereals: Wheat bran, rye, brown rice, oats.
Apart from these, legumes are also a good source of fiber.
You can share our article with the purpose of disseminating knowledge by giving its source.
Food Recommendations for Fiber Consumption
- You should eat baked potatoes instead of mashed potatoes.
- You can eat bananas, apples or peaches as a desert.
- Besides orange juice, orange itself will be useful too.
- You can prepare vegetable soup with green beans as an alternative to your soup.
- Add bran to all the soups. Bran does not change the flavor of soups much but is very useful in terms of fiber.
- If you find it difficult to make dry legumes, you can add boiled lentils, chickpeas or beans to your salads.
- You can add flax seeds to your salads.
- You can consume bread like wholemeal bread instead of white bread.