From the moment that she gets news that she is pregnant, every women starts avoiding all things that might harm her baby.This situation will continue after your baby is born. The most important thing that protects babies from many diseases for a long time and which enables them to continue their development as they should, is of course breast milk. Just as breast milk is very valuable for your baby, breastfeeding is also valuable for your health.
So what are the benefits of breast milk, which is the most basic nutrient for your baby from birth to 2 years of age?
You can learn about pregnancy stages and get week by week pregnancy information in our website.
Benefits of Breast Milk to Baby
When you look at the miraculous formula of breast milk, you will see why breast milk is so important. Breastfeeding not only protects your baby during childhood, it is also a rich source of food for preparation of adulthood. The benefits of breastmilk can be listed as follows:
- Every mother’s milk is unique to her own baby. The breastmilk of mothers who has a 1-month-old baby and a 6 month old baby have different nutritional values.
- It is a food that is very easy to digest and your milk has enough amount of vitamins and minerals your baby needs. Because of easy digestion of minerals and vitamins, they can be absorbed easily.
- In the ingredients of breastmilk there are substances that protect your baby from germs and strengthen the immune system.
- Stomachache and constipation are rarely seen in babies fed with breast milk.
- During breastfeeding, the temperature of the milk is always at an ideal temperature for your baby, so it is a practical food source.
- It reduces the risk of some chronic diseases such as asthma, obesity and diabetes that may occur in childhood or adulthood.
- It allows your baby’s organs to develop in a healthy way. It also has an important role in bone, jaw and tooth development.
- It helps your baby’s spiritual, physical and mental development.
- Protects against allergy and protects your baby from rash.
Benefits of Breastfeeding to Mother
It is an undisputable fact that breast milk is beneficial to the mother as well as to the baby.
- You will experience less swelling and inflammation thanks to breastfeeding.
- It helps you to heal quickly and help to reduce the bleedings that you have after birth.
- Breastfeeding reduces the risks of diseases such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and bone resorption.