How will your baby develop for a 12 month period?
- The eye muscles begin to develop and he/she can clearly see up to 20 cm.
- His/her personality begins to develop. His/her behavior on these days may give you a clue about your baby’s character.
- 1 month baby, can distinguish the mother’s voice. Towards the end of the month, it slowly begins to react to other adult voices.
- The way of expressing feelings such as happiness or anger becomes evident.
- The 2-month old baby knows his mother and father and can smile consciously. Taking him/her in your lap or talking to him/her calms him/her down.
- Can laugh and can scream for joy.
- Has the ability to lift the head where it lies.
- He/she starts to grasp the objects with his/her hand.
- Can separate not just the mother but everyone.
- He/she gets more used to life and starts crying less.
- The 3 month old baby has the ability to separate people from each other.
- Better controls the head and body.
- His/her movement develops even more. He/she starts puting the objects to his/her mouth. Learns to use his/her hands, stretches for something.
- Usually a 4 month old baby is ready to take out his or her first tooth.
- He/she notices the colors. Can focus on different distances and see all colors.
- Hearing ability develops. He/she can feel safe and quiet when he/she hears a family member’s voice.
- Can separate foreigners, can look at new faces carefully.
- The 5 month old baby can sit on his buttocks without any help and can hold his/her head upright.
- Makes movements similar to crawling.
- He/she starts to react when called by name.
- Starts to gain weight more slowly.
- His/her hand skills have developed.
- Even if he/she can’t speak yet, he/she can detect words like mother and no.
- 6 month old baby can make movements that indicate that he/she wants to get up from where he/she is.
- Can make voices in the mirror when he/she is starting to recognize himself.
- The ability to establish the balance during the development of 7 month baby developes.
- 7 months old baby can start to move by taking support from his arms and can crawl on the floor.
- Can refuse eating when he/she is fed.
- Even if he/she cannot speak, he/she starts to learn the names of objects and when he/she hears the name of the object, he/she begins to look at it.
- Your baby knows exactly which behaviors you don’t like.
- The 8 month old baby wonders and examines everything he/she sees.
- He/she likes to try to climb small furniture, stairs and drawers.
- Starts to choose the foods he/she loves.
- Can move objects and lift falling objects without needing any help.
- He/she wants to walk but can’t do it alone. That’s why he/she wants your support.
- Can move towards to a sound.
- 9 months old baby, can use his/her gestures actively.
You can learn about pregnancy stages and get week by week pregnancy information in our website.
- With your help he/she begins to take steps.
- The 10 month old baby can make a sound for your interest and wait for you to play with him/her.
- Reacts to the music by shaking or mumbling.
- Can perform such acts as hand shaking and clapping.
- Can stand on his/her fingertips, even crouch and bend over.
- Consciously places objects.
- 11 months old baby, can take off his/her shoes and socks.
- Easily mimics facial expressions and rhythmic sounds.
- He/she shows interest in you and your relatives.
- His/her mood changes constantly.
- He/she can remember things for a longer time.