Ectopic pregnancy is called the development of the embryo in a place other than the uterus (mostly in the fallopian tube), which is the normal location of the embryo. It is possible that any woman who has sexual life and who has the chance to become pregnant may experience ectopic pregnancy.
You can learn about pregnancy stages and get week by week pregnancy information in our website.
What are the reasons for ectopic pregnancy?
- One of the main reasons is narrowing or obstruction due to injury in the fallopian tubes.
- Diseases that affect fallopian tube,
- Having previous abdominal operations such as caesarean section, appendicitis,
- Even with a low probability, the use of spiral may has an affect in the occurrence of ectopic pregnancy.
General information about ectopic pregnancy
- In many cases, ectopic pregnancy is excreted in the womb itself before the next menstrual period and causes a miscarriage. This situation is mostly undiagnosed.
- In the case of serious ectopic pregnancy, symptoms such as bleeding, pain,blackout, vomiting, diarrhea, pregnancy symptoms, urinary and intestinal problems can be seen. These symptoms occur between the 4th and the 10th week of pregnancy stages. When these symptoms occur, the mother should be hospitalized immediately.
- It is possible to detect external pregnancy by ultrasound and blood test.
- Many mothers experience severe psychological damage in case of ectopic pregnancy.
- It is important to understand that this situation is not under the control of the mother and that the depression period after the ectopic pregnancy is also dependent on hormonal effects.
- Since the baby has no chance of survival in case of ectopic pregnancy, the interventions are meant to save the mother’s life.
Significant tips about ectopic pregnancy
- Depending on the operation performed in the case of an ectopic pregnancy, the chance of the mother getting pregnant again may reduce.
- Due to the bleeding, it may become a condition that endangers the mother’s life. But nowadays, it is possible to treat with early diagnosis.
- Until recently, maternal deaths due to external pregnancy were in the first place in pregnancy related deaths.
- The developments in medicine and the fact that mothers are frequently under the control of a doctor draws this death rate down.
- If you have experienced an ectopic pregnancy, do not hesitate to seek support from your family relatives or even a specialist.
- In case of the next pregnancy, it is an important issue to consult a doctor immediately and to follow the procedure under the supervision of the doctor.
Our articles are prepared to give advice. You should consult your doctor for exact information.